Edmonton’s Largest Selection of Bird Feeders
At The Wildbird General Store, we have the city’s best selection of feeders for you to choose from, including locally hand-crafted feeders made from cedar or pine, as well as eco-friendly feeders made from recycled plastic.
We’ll get you set up with the right feeder based on what sort of birds you’d like to attract (or not).
Scroll down for descriptions of the different types of bird feeders you’ll find in store.
Tray and Fly-Through Feeders
- Allow bigger birds to enjoy a feeder
- Weather shield covers are available to add on to our cedar trays
- Available in small, medium, large, and X-large, with 2, 4 or 6 ports, with varying seed capacity
- Tube feeders have easy lift tops for filling
- Some styles are easy-cleaning with a quick button-release bottoms
- A range of models & prices are available, from intro to last-a-lifetime
- Available in right-side-up or upside-down feeding style
- Available as both mesh bags or seed tubes with either ports or mesh
- Protects the seed from the elements with a roof
- Available in different sizes, large hoppers with increased capacity are great for the lake or if you can’t fill your feeder often
Hummingbird and Oriole Feeders
- Nectar feeders are extra work, but have big rewards!
- Hummingbirds are attracted to the red colour of the feeder (dye in the food is not needed and is harmful)
- Hummingbird feeders are available in many sizes and styles including: classic upright bottle with flower ports, covered disks that eliminate drips, as well as window-style (suction cup) feeders
- NEW! Humm-Bug feeders are a low-maintenance protein source
- Oriole feeders are available in nectar trays, jelly jars and orange holders
- Only small birds such as finches, chickadees, nuthatches, sparrows and small woodpeckers will cling to feed
- Large birds are excluded!
- Great for kids and pets
- Allows everyone to see individual birds up close and personal
- Can be used with seeds, nuts or a finch mix
Squirrel Proof Feeders/Large Bird Exclusion
- These feeders are weight-sensitive, closing off the feeding port to squirrels and magpies, as long as you ensure that the feeder is not reachable from a perch nearby
- Available in regular seed (standard, classic & plus), finch, and peanut feeders
- Alternatively, baffles can be used above or below
Squirrel Feeders/Munch Boxes
- Great for your favourite squirrelly pals
- Munch boxes have lids to keep the birds out
- Diversion feeding keeps squirrels busy and away from your other feeders
- Feed seeds/nuts/peanuts or corn
- We carry a large selection of suet feeders
- Free-hanging suet feeders are available with tail props for the larger woodpeckers
- Nut feeders are great for chickadees, nuthatches and woodpeckers
- Blue jays prefer in-shell peanuts and love the peanut ring
Please note, our inventory changes routinely so products may not always be available as shown.