Quality Bird Seed & Suet
- Everyday good prices for all our customers, no membership required!
- Baker’s dozen (buy 12 one flavor, get 1 free) is available on suet (subject to supply)
We offer a wide range of quality, Canadian grown & locally processed seed for feeding your backyard birds.
We have individual ingredients available as well as a few choice mixes, learn more about our offerings:
Black Oil Sunflower Kernels
- Our #1 seller!
- Loved by ALL birds
- Considered “The Perfect Birdseed” with the best nutrient profile
- Out of the shell means the kernels will not sprout & there won’t be any shell mess!
- Available in coarse, medium & fine (fine is best for redpolls, pine siskins, & american goldfinches)
- Available in: BULK, 5lb (coarse or medium only), 20lb, 44lb
- Also available a WASTE-FREE MIX with nuts added (BULK, 5lb, 20lb)
Black Oil Sunflower (In-shell)
- In-shell black-oil is enjoyed by: chickadees and nuthatches
- Sparrows sometimes have difficulty opening the shells
- Shells protect the seed from the weather, good for big feeders out at the cabin
- Available in bulk, 5lb, 10lb, 17lb, 25lb, 40lb
- Also available in a variety of mixes, with varying amounts of millet & corn added
Striped Sunflower (In-Shell)
- Preferred by big birds: blue jays, woodpeckers
- Available in: BULK, 5lb, 10lb, 30lb, 50lb
- Available in red, white, hulled & sprays
- Preferred by: juncos & sparrows, recommended for ground feeding
- Hulled millet will not grow & is enjoyed by sparrows from hanging feeders
- Available in: BULK, 20lb and 44lb bags; the main component of our Ground-feeding (Junco) Mix
Peanuts (In and Out of Shell)
- Available as roasted in-shell, blanched (no skin, no shell), redskins (raw, no shell)
- With shell is preferred by: blue jays and squirrels
- Without shell is preferred by: chickadees, nuthatches, woodpeckers
- In-shell is available in: BULK, 5lb, 10lb, 44lb
- Out of Shell is available in: 5lb (redskin only), 20lb & 44lb
- Available as a tree-nut blend
- Also available as a blend with black-oil sunflower kernels (our #1 blend!)
- Available in: BULK, 5lb and 20lb bags
- Enjoyed by: finches (goldfinches, pine siskins, redpolls)
- Available in: BULK, 5lb and 20lb bags
- Available as a 1:1 mix with fine chip black oil sunflower kernels (5lb, 20lb)
- Also available as an in-house blend in BULK
Corn (Cracked, Whole and On-the-Cob)
- Cracked corn is enjoyed by: ducks, geese and grouse
- Whole corn & on-the-cob is enjoyed by: squirrels & blue-jays (especially in the fall)
- Cracked & whole corn are available in: BULK, 44lb
- On-the-cob is available in: BULK, boxes of ~6, 25lb
- Also available as in-house blend called SCRATCH, with oats, barley, wheat & safflower
- SCRATCH is popular with ducks, geese, and RABBITS
- (we also have alfalfa pellets available for the bunnies in BULK & 50lb)
Canary Seed / Canola / Flax
- Enjoyed by: finches
- Available in: BULK, & as part of our in-house Finch Mix
- Enjoyed by: bigger birds like blackbirds and bigger sparrows
- Available in: BULK, & as part of our in-house ground-feeding wild bird mix
- A bitter safflower that is NOT eaten by squirrels
- We’ve noted some success with keeping the sparrows at bay as well
- The softer shell of this varietal allows it to be enjoyed by smaller birds like house finches & chickadees
- Available in: BULK, 5lb, 20lb, 44lb bulk
- Part of our SCRATCH mix
- Enjoyed by: bigger birds like grosbeaks
- Available in: BULK, 20lb, 44lb bulk & as part of our SCRATCH mix
Mealworms / Soldier Fly Larvae
- Enjoyed by: robins and bluebirds
- Our #1 seller includes full size meal-worms that’s a hit with the birds
- Loved especially by the nut-eaters (chickadees, nuthatches, woodpeckers),
- Suet is a good choice for year-round feeding: young chicks require high energy food sources for growth in the summer. In the depths of winter, fat is an important energy source for our resident birds.
- Hot pepper suet deters the squirrels, as they have capsaicin receptors just like we do & they don’t like the heat!
- Available: in square blocks (.75lbs and 3lbs); 1lb nets (ready to hang); suet logs, suet balls, squeezable suet & tubs
- DELIVERY IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
- EXCEPTIONS: CUSTOMERS WITH MOBILITY CHALLENGES
There’s plenty of good bird seed to choose from!
We’re happy to give you recommendations for your location & the birds you’re trying to attract.
If you ever have a question or need advice, always feel free to contact us:
CALL: 780-439-7333 (toll free: 1-800-465-5099)
VISIT: 4712-99 St, Edmonton, AB for one-on-one customer care!